June 18, 2015

A new Challenge.

Type 1 Diabetes entered our family on April 2nd of this year.  It is not fun.  It is not fair.  It will always be with us.  We pray for an easier life for our brave boy, but until that day, he is just getting stronger in spirit and more courageous everyday.  We spent 3 nights at Childrens hospital soaking up every ounce of info about something I never thought about.  When I think I missed my calling as a nurse, my chance is now.  Trevor and I have learned so much about this autoimmune disease.  Our life took a turn and we are riding with it, along with everyone who gets to see Ryder deal with 8-10 shots a day.  He truly is dealing with this more amazingly then I would have hoped.  He is a resilient, smart, understanding little 4 year old. We will never stop supporting T1D-no matter what happens.




Finally off all IV poles.  CHOA is amazing!

Heading home just in time for Easter Sunday.

Add caption
    

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ellie I didn't know this. What a tough few months. We will be praying for Ryder, and his family!